When a student has finished all of the words on Membean, a few things can be checked to see if more words can be granted to the student. Support can also do this for you. Please email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Students on the Lower Middle or Middle-High Lists
Check IKT Abuse
Some students who have reached upper levels have achieved this by overuse of "IKT" (the "I Know This" button).
- You can check to see if the student overused the IKT option by viewing the student's dashboard.
- If there is a large number of words in IKT, contact Membean support and we can return the words back into the student's training stream.
- You can also disable the IKT button for the student.
Students on the High School List
Reaching the end of Level 6 in no way indicates that a student has "completed" Membean because not every word a student has seen has been mastered.
- Even those words that are fully mastered will be forgotten if enough time elapses.
- It’s important that the student continues to train on Membean as a form of memory maintenance.
Advanced Students with a "Stable Memory"
We have seen a handful of students who complete Membean relatively quickly and need to do minimal upkeep to maintain their vocabulary. These whizzes should be very proud of their extensive lexicon!
- Students should train seldomly to maintain their memory of their words. You can also supplement or substitute their training with Writing Assignments.
- We suggest these students increase their vocabulary even more by reading classical literature and literary magazines.
- We would be more than happy to suggest vocabulary intensive novels at a teacher's request.
- The Atlantic Monthly, The New Yorker, The New York Times, and The Economist are good periodicals to start with.