Membean requires relatively basic technical requirements, and most schools have the infrastructure available to use Membean.
Tech requirements for Membean are as follows:
- Membean works with any modern web browser ( Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Opera/IE 10+ preferred).
- Cookies must be enabled.
- Whitelist *.membean.com and enable emails from email@example.com.
- Flash Player advised for now, but we will be updating our word pages soon (See: Can Membean be accessed through iPads?).
- CPU/memory requirements are light. If you can comfortably run the OS on the machine, you can comfortably run Membean.
- Our pages are pretty lightweight and estimate about 200Kb/wordpage (and 10-20Kb for questions). Internet speed really depends on how many students are simultaneously training on Membean at the same time.
- A 1-2 Mbps connection should be enough. If you share this bandwidth across other classrooms simultaneously, you'll need more.