Many schools have firewalls (or proxies) that block website traffic. Sometimes Membean (and its dependent subdomains) need to be "whitelisted" to allow important (and safe) resources to pass through.
What to Whitelist
You can add the Membean dependencies by adding the following as pass-throughs to your firewall:
- *cdnjs.cloudflare.com (dns speed-ups/protection)
- *.gravatar.com (optional avatars)
- *.google.com, *.gstatic.com, *.googleapis.com (google charts/analytics, fonts)
- membean.freshdesk.com (support ticketing/help system)
- use.typekit.com (fonts)
- cdn.datatables.com (spreadsheet-like tables)
- *.intercom.io (help chat)
- js.pusher.com (real-time info/updates)
- sni.cloudflaressl.com (Membean https URLs managed by cloudfare of loadbalanced through them)
It is also a good idea to whitelist emails from *@membean.com. However, if your spam settings need very specific domain names, here are the set of domains we send emails from:
Please let us know if you see any traffic still being blocked by contacting email@example.com. Depending on your firewall software, you may need to also include the (top-level domain (TLD) in addition to a wildcard; e.g., include the wildcard *.googleapis.com and also the TLD googleapis.com.