You have the ability to run reports with custom date ranges and data without modifying your default grading report or your class's training expectations. This article teaches you how to run customized reports and explores scenarios when you may want to.
Creating a Customized Report
Once you set up your grading report, you'll see the date range for the data displayed at the top of the report. Click on the dates to create a customized report.
Choose the settings for your Customized Report and click Apply.
From the Customize Report View form, you can create a report with custom dates, training expectations, columns, and alerts.
- Custom dates: Use one of the pre-set date tags or choose custom dates.
- Custom training expectations: This field defaults to match the amount of training students were required to do during the chosen dates. You can customize the training expectations for the report without updating your class's training expectations.
- Custom columns and alerts: You can change the columns and alerts for your customized report. This is useful if you want to focus on specific data. Click on Modify columns & alerts for this view to expand the menu. Use the checkboxes to select which columns and alerts you would like to include.
Saving a Customized Report
Customized reports do not save automatically, but you can choose to save the report.
To save your customized report, click Save Report.
Give your report a name, confirm your custom settings, choose which classes you'd like this report created for, and click Add Report.
Once you save your custom report, it will appear in your reports list along with your grading report. Click here to learn how to toggle between reports.
Exporting a Customized Report
To export a Customized Report, click on the file icon in the upper right corner of the report.
The Export Report form will appear. You can change the file name and add or remove columns. Once you confirm your settings, click Export Data. The exported file will be sent to your email.
When to Use Customized Reports
- Your training expectations were different last cycle. Training cycles and expectations reoccur, so you never have to remember to assign Membean minutes. However, there may be certain cycles for which you have to change your expectations. You can run a customized report with the temporary training expectations to easily view which students met them.Creating a customized report does not update students' dashboards. They will still see the Training Expectations that appear in your class settings.
- You're interested in seeing data from an extended or specific period of time. Looking for a snapshot of your students' training for the quarter? Parent teacher conferences coming up? A student telling you they haven't seen any new words since last year? You can run a report for a custom date range, so you can your students' data over an extended or specific period of time.
- You want to focus on a specific aspect of your students' training. Too much data can be overwhelming, so you may want to limit the number of columns on your grading report and create a custom report if you need to look at additional data periodically. For example, you may want to view how many new words students have seen this month and how many of those they skipped, the number of questions answered during training sessions, or which students are moving too quickly through their Word Page review. You can run a custom report to track the data that you don't monitor regularly.