You may want to look over all of the words that you've seen so far on Membean. Seeing a word's progress or viewing a word page outside of a training session is easy. This article shows you how to view the words you've studied.
Viewing All Words Learned
You can find the words you’ve studied right from your Student Dashboard. Navigate to the Words Card and click All words learned.
Click one of the categories at the top of the card to see all of the words in that group. You'll also see a word count for each group. Words are listed in alphabetical order. Hover over a word to see the definition or click a word to be taken to its word page.
Membean groups words based on the concepts of memory strength and stability. When you view a word during training or answer a question about it, you build a connection that is strong at first, but weakens over time. As you continue to see a word and answer questions about it more and more, your connection to that word becomes both strong and stable. Here is an explanation of the various categories.
- Started Learning: these are words that you have seen during your training, but only once or twice. Your connection to these words is not strong nor stable, but you are on your way.
- Good Progress: these are words that you are making good progress towards learning during your training, and you will see them again as Membean works to stabilize your connection with these words. They will not appear on quizzes or writing assignments.
- Almost Ready: these are words that you have seen multiple times during training. Your connection with these words is becoming stable, but isn't strong enough yet. These words will soon appear on quizzes and assignments.
- Ready: these are words that you have a formed a strong, stable memory connection with during your training. When you check "I Know This" for a word during training, it will also be included in this group. If you're a test prep user, Membean is confident that you are prepared to encounter these words on your exam date. If you're a school student, these words will likely appear on quizzes and writing assignments.
- Quizzable: at this moment, these are words that are ideal for quizzes and writing assignments assigned by your teacher. These are words that you have either a strong or stable connection with. Words that you selected "I Know This" for during training are also considered quizzable words.
Click the X at the top right of the page, or the Back button at the very bottom of the page, to return to your dashboard.