You may want to look over all of the words that you've seen so far on Membean. Seeing a word's progress or viewing a word page outside of a training session is easy. This article shows you how to view the words you've studied.
Viewing All Words Learned
You can find the words you’ve studied right from your Student Dashboard. Navigate to the Words section and click All words learned.
Click one of the categories at the top to see all of the words in that group. You'll also see a word count for each group. Words are listed in alphabetical order. Hover over a word to see the definition or click a word to be taken to its word page.
Membean groups words based on the concepts of memory strength and stability. When you view a new word during training, you build a connection that is strong at first but weakens over time. As you continue to see a word and answer questions about it, your connection to that word becomes both stronger and more stable. Here is an explanation of the various categories.
- Started Learning: These words include those recently introduced and those you may have only seen a few times. They are not stable yet, so you'll see questions about these words often.
- Good Progress: These are words that you are making good progress towards learning during your training. You will remember these words longer than your Started Learning words. You will continue to see them frequently during training as Membean continues to reinforce them to make them stronger and more stable.
- Almost Ready: These have become quite stable, but they still need more reinforcement before they are considered strong and stable enough for long-term retention. Moving words to the Almost Ready category can take time.
- Ready: These are words that you have formed a strong, stable memory of during your training. When you check "I Know This" for a word during training, it will also be included in this group. Non-IKT words in the Ready category will still be reinforced during training, but you will see them less often because your memory of them is very stable. If you're a test prep user, Membean is confident that you are prepared to encounter these words on your exam date.
- Quizzable: At this moment, these are words that are ideal for quizzes and writing assignments assigned by your teacher. These are words that you have a strong connection with based on your training. The more stable a word is, the longer it will stay on your Quizzable list after reinforcement. Words that you selected "I Know This" for during training are also considered quizzable words. Words from all four of the readiness categories can appear on the Quizzable list.
Click the X at the top right of the page, or the Back button at the very bottom of the page, to return to your dashboard.