- IKT Abuse: Some students who have reached upper levels have achieved this by overuse of "IKT" (the "I Know This" button).
- You can check to see if the student overused the IKT option by viewing the student's dashboard.
- If there is a large number of words in IKT, contact Membean support and we can return the words back into the student's training stream.
- You can also disable the IKT button for the student.
- The student is on the middle school word list: If the student is an advanced student with a strong vocabulary, contact Membean support. We can place the student on the high school word list.
- The student is on the high school word list: Reaching the end of Level 6 in no way indicates that a student has "completed" Membean because not every word a student has seen has been mastered.
- Even those words that are fully mastered will be forgotten if enough time elapses.
- It’s important that the student continues to train on Membean as a form of memory maintenance.
- Advanced high school students with a "Stable Memory": We have seen a handful of students who complete Membean relatively quickly and need to do minimal upkeep to maintain their vocabulary. These whizzes should be very proud of their extensive lexicon!
- We suggest that those students increase their vocabulary even more by reading classical literature and literary magazines.
- We would be more than happy to suggest vocabulary intensive novels at a teacher's request.
- The Atlantic Monthly, The New Yorker, The New York Times, and The Economist are good periodicals to start with.
Modified on: Tue, 27 Sep, 2016 at 2:04 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.