Assessments are a key feature of Membean, and they test your students on the words they've seen in their training. This article will show you how to create an assessment that is issued immediately.
Step 1: Find the Class Assessments Tab
Click on the class for which you wish to create an assessment.
Click on the Assessments tab. Then, click on Create Assessment.
Step 2: Customize Your Assessment
Membean offers a few options for assessments:
- Number of questions: While the default number of questions for an assessment is 15, we recommend that teachers vary the length of the assessments they give. It may be a good idea to start the year off with smaller assessments, slowly increasing their size as the year progresses.
- Number of multi-correct questions: You can choose to include as many multi-correct sentence questions within the assessment as you wish.
- Issue this assessment to all students: Checking this box assures every student receives an assessment regardless of quiz-readiness. You can learn more about this here.
Once you are finished customizing your assessment, click the Create button. By default, students will have two days to take the assessment; keep reading to learn how to adjust how long quizzes remain live. Learn why assessments expire in our All About Assessments article.
Adjusting Assessment Expiration
You can adjust how long assessments stay active by following these simple steps:
- Click your name in the upper right corner, and then click Profile.
- Click the Preferences tab under your Account Profile.
- Adjust the amount of time you'd like assessments to remain active. You have the option of one, two, or three days. Be sure to click Save Changes when you've made your selection.