Employ regular, short sessions that are spaced apart throughout the week.
- For more information, please see: How often should students train, and for how long?
- Start quizzes after one month of learning.
- It takes a few weeks of diligent, consistent learning for a student to be “quiz ready.”
- Recommended use of assessments is to start with 15-questions. Increase to 30 questions after more months of regular training. Give a 50-75 question quiz once a quarter.
- Check goal compliance every week!
- Clearly communicate guidelines.
- Let your students know that they will get questions wrong and that doing so is an important part of learning. Each time they answer a question incorrectly they should focus on reviewing a different part of the word page.
- Explain that repetition is good -- a few seconds spent answering a question now will save many minutes if the word needs to be relearned.
- Explain grading guidelines.
- Explain the honor code. Membean also notifies teachers of cheating.
Modified on: Fri, 23 Sep, 2016 at 11:52 AM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.